- When your live bird(s) orders is ready to ship, we utilize ‘USPS Express Priority’ services or Commercial Air.
- We ship weekly on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- USPS orders will arrive in 1 to 3 days.
- We contact ‘Commercial Air Shipment’ customers before making reservations.
- If your order contains more than one EDT (Estimated Delivery Time), we use the longest EDT for the order.
- USPS shipments, deliver email confirmations with your tracking number the day your bird(s) leave our farm.
- Track USPS orders at www.usps.com or call 1.800.222.1811.
- After receiving your email notification, contact your post office, inform them of your ‘live shipment’, and instruct to call you upon arrival.
- Always access your account and use the ‘Order Status Option’ to view your order’s current status.
Preparation for Bird Arrival:
- We encourage you as an avian enthusiast and a pet bird owner to carefully research the birds you are considering to add to your collection and prepare the necessary environment and care to optimize your bird’s health and well being.
- Ensure an appropriate cage, seed, supplies and accessories are available before your bird’s arrival.
- Review our Bird Care Instructions to ensure preparedness upon their arrival.
- Live Arrival Guarantee is coupled with the pet owner’s responsibility to ensure a safe, healthy and harmonious habitat; once a pet is in your care.
- If you consider adding any psittacines to your avian collection, we encourage you to become aware of an uncommon bacteria called “Parrot Fever”. While it is a very treatable bacteria, improving your awareness, prevention, and treatment for this bacteria is advisable – “parrot fever”.
- Provide a quiet, stress-free, and warm environment for your new bird, (perhaps 80 degrees F) as it adjusts to its new surroundings.
- Isolate your new bird(s) from any existing birds in your aviary until you are confident that it has acclimated well, and is ready to integrate into your current aviary.
- Vitamins and electrolytes, are attached to each shipping box and are recommended to be given to your bird(s) as their only water source for 3-5 days.
- We also carry additional bird care products you may consider to maintain and optimize your bird’s health. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with top quality companion pet birds at affordable prices for many years to come!
Here are some additional helpful links:
The Wings Room Team
NOTE: We maintain substantial inventories to expedite delivery of your bird(s). Unexpected delays can occur due to weather, airline delays, quality assurance issues, and specialized sourcing from our certified breeder farmers network. We extend our commitment to give you our very best in quality, delivery time, and low-pricing.
Due to our supply chain management and inventory systems’ complexities, live animal orders are unavailable for cancellation. Orders enter these highly automated systems at the time of purchase. Interrupting this structure is quite costly in terms of human resource and overstock. Therefore, all sales are final upon submission.
Safety Travel Boxes
We’ve worked hard to give you the very best quality and experience as we ship your bird(s) and bird supplies. We cooperate diligently with USPS, Airline Companies, FedEx, and others to streamline our shipping process.
We hope you’ll enjoy our new easy to use system as we continue to serve you: Why we charge for the ‘Safety Travel Box’.
A USPS Safety Travel Box is needed to ship your bird(s) to you which costs $79.99. This is a requirement of the US Postal Service and there are no additional shipping fees. Our travel boxes are insulated, climate controlled, include a perch and all necessary dietary needs to ensure your bird(s) has / have a safe and comfortable shipping journey.
After live orders ship via USPS Express Priority Mail the travel time is typically 1 to 3 days to reach you.
For live orders using Commercial Air shipping we will contact you once your order is available to ship and confirm the days you’re able to pick up your order at the airport. After the flight is booked, the itinerary will be forwarded to you by email.
$79.99 – LIVE BIRD(S) – (USPS) Safety Travel Box
$279.99 – LIVE BIRD(S) – (Commercial Airline) Safety Travel Box
$15.99 – BIRD SUPPLIES – (USPS) Travel Boxes
FREE SHIPPING for SUPPLY Orders $59 plus